More adventures in pickles!

OH MY! OH NO! I have neglected my Pickle Blog and must catch up on my continuing pickle adventures! And there have been quite a few!

Let's start with Sucker Punch... These pickles are fantastic because they remind me so much of the Pickle Maven's brine, but also a great pickle slice in its own right. One of the reasons I love Sucker Punch is the price. YES they sell form $6.95 a jar at most major retail markets but you can get them for $1.95 a jar at Big Lots. I know. I know. Many people go to the Big Lots for anything but food, and yet there is a great variety of pickled items available there. And Pickle Fans everywhere know that I love a good bargain. 

These spears make an awesome side slice for lunch sandwiches.


Next up was a wonderful trip with the Pickle Posse to find a new place to eat, as we often do. We certainly follow all the safety rules and always wear masks to help everyone stay safe. The crew and I landed at a little place called the Port Hole Cafe in Long Beach Island, NJ. It was a wonderful meal! 


The beer was ice cold, the roast beef piping hot, the atmosphere cool and we soaked up the warmth of the fireplace. WOW I am a big fan of hot roast beef and this sandwich did not disappoint. It included PICKLES and some fresh horseradish, both are most have items with a roast beef sandwich. We played some pinball for entertainment since the pool table was not being used. (Note: The Munsters pinball machine is SUPER TOUGH!) Thanks to the Port Hole Cafe for welcoming the Pickle Posse. 
Visit them at 1620 Long Beach Blvd in Ship Bottom.



Last up for this post is our visit to Jersey Mike's for a delicious Italian sub with PICKLES! Yes they have some great pickles and when they found out I had a pickle blog, they gave me some extra sides. WOW! Thanks Jersey Mike's!


NEXT UP: New Pickles in the House!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PICKLE OH PICKLE where for art thou?

Historic Smithville Big Pickle Adventure

SLACKING in 2021